2016 PMI Board of Directors Election
Hello Members & Guests of PMI-SNC:
It is time for our elections for the 2016 Board of Directors! As a PMI-SNC member, this is your chance to get more involved in chapter activities. As a member you can nominate someone (or yourself) for any open position. Voting will be done via VoteNet through PMI.org.
We encourage each and every one of you to participate in this year’s election process! All positions are for a one year term with the exception of the Executive Vice President, which is a two year term. The 2016 Board term begins February 1, 2016 and ends January 31st, 2017. The positions that are elected are as follows:
- Executive Vice President, who becomes the president the following year. This position fills in for the president when (s)he is absent.
- VP of Programs, whose primary responsibility is to engage speakers for our monthly chapter meetings.
- VP of Membership, whose primary responsibility is to take care of our membership by encouraging new members, planning events and activities for the membership.
- VP of Public Relations, whose primary responsibility is to manage the chapter’s web page and advertising programs.
- VP of Finance, whose primary responsibility is to manage chapter finances.
- VP of Education, whose primary responsibility is to manage the classes offered by the chapter.
- VP of Communications, whose primary responsibility is to send out all communications regarding monthly chapter meetings, create and send monthly newsletters, and record minutes for board meetings.
The Election Schedule for 2016 is as follows:
- Election Cycle was announced during our August chapter meeting.
- Nomination Period: September 1 to September 14
- Election Period: October 9 to October 30 – via PMI.org
- VoteNet Announce Election Results: November 19 – at the chapter meeting
If you are interested in any of these positions and want to know more about them, please see or e-mail any board member. The only requirement to serve on the board is that you must be a member of the Southern Nevada Chapter, in good standing.