8 Key Hacks for a Better Job Search During a Pandemic
If you have signed up for this event and have not received the Zoom URL, please email Brian Monroe, VP of Programs at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Synopsis/Abstract Have you ever heard someone say "my job search was easy!" Yeah, we haven't either. In this workshop, learn 8 key tips to ensure you come across job prospects that interest you, get more interview requests from your application, crush your interview, and more!
Here are the 8 key tips and activities we'll discuss best practices and resources around:
- Technical trends research & top training and development resources
- Resume optimization
- Understanding market worth
- Utilizing effective job search resources
- Effective outreach (i.e. going the "Referral Route" and/or using a 2nd outreach channel)
- Fine-tuning your professional elevator pitch
- Effective interview preparation
- Additional "candidate credibility" suggestions, such as recommendation sharing and a post-interview Thank You
Learning Objectives for Project Managers:
- Tips for more effectively applying for PM-related jobs, and how to increase the likelihood of success for landing an offer
- How to create a ‘Project Plan’ around their job search
- Ways to build confidence during their job search
- Marketing strategies to gain a “candidate advantage”
Anyone that is a practicing Project Manager, anyone studying to take the PMP Exam, as well
as anyone that is interested in the Project Management Profession.
PDUs Earned: 2 PDU
Class Schedule: 11/19/2020 5:00 - 7:00 PM PT
Erica Woods is the Director of IT Contractor Programs and Philanthropy at Apex, where she oversees teams, programs, training, resources, and communications that support our national Contractor base, including several career coaching and skills development initiatives. She is a Writer/Speaker for MSSQLTips, and also speaks at PMI, IIBA, SQL Saturday, Code Camp, and STEM/Coding schools. Lastly, Erica is the Founder and Co-Organizer for the Baltimore and Tampa TechSoup Tech4Good/NetSquared Meetup groups.
Lisa Talwar is the local Professional Technical Recruiter that works in the Las Vegas Apex Systems branch. She has been with Apex for over 3 years and is the most tenured recruiter in the office. Lisa focuses on providing local Project Management recruitment to the Las Vegas market.
Zoom meeting Info:
Register in advance for this meeting:
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.