Project Management Institute, Southern Nevada, is a local chapter of the Project Management Institute.
PMI is an organization dedicated to opening networking channels and creating ongoing professional development for those working in project management. Members are dedicated to public service and are looking to support project-based learning within schools.
- Applications must be from a public school serving students in grades 6-12.
Daycare centers and after-school programs are not eligible for the program.
- The project must be implemented within Clark County, Nevada.
- Only one proposal per school, per academic year will be accepted.
- Project funding must be used to implement project-based lessons that foster project management and leadership among students.
- The project must be completed within the school year of the award of the grant, or the money must be returned to PMI, Southern Nevada.
- A project status report must be submitted within thirty (30) days after the start of the project, and monthly thereafter for duration of the project. A final report shall be submitted within thirty (30) days after project completion.The final report shall include receipts for all purchases and work performed.
All unspent funds must be returned to PMI, Southern Nevada.
- Applicants may request project advisory services from the membership of PMI as part of their proposal.
- PMI, Southern Nevada shall be allowed to conduct reviews in conjunction with the status reports which may include site visits.
- Applications must be approved and signed by the school principal or designee.
- A presentation of the project will be delivered by the project team.
• Applications are accepted from September 1- the second Monday of October (10/10/16).
• A committee will evaluate each application based on the requirements and guidelines.
• Eligible schools will received a cash grant for the cost of the project up to $2000.
• Grants will be awarded on a competitive basis and will be subject to the availability of funds. All PMI, Southern Nevada Chapter decisions are final.
• PMI, Southern Nevada Chapter will notify all successful grant applicants six weeks after the deadline.
Please, download the application form here: