The Project Manager II works under the supervision of a Senior Project Manager, Project Director, or Senior Project Director. Using Parallon Project Services project controls, this individual serves as a single point of accountability to provide project management support for multiple, moderately to highly complex, medium to large projects. The Project Manager must demonstrate a strong commitment to stakeholder relationships by proactively communicating and taking ownership of risks/issues and facilitating effective outcomes in a timely manner.
Moderate to heavy travel may be required.
Duties (included but not limited to):
- Organize project activities into manageable work efforts for team members and determine an effective approach to completing the work, as outlined in the project plan.
- Author/facilitate project management documents such as project charters/scope statements, project plans, and present project updates to business owners
- Manage and communicate a clear project scope and motivate team members
- Manage business owner(s) and team member(s) relationships to accomplish project activities
- Proactively identify and manage risks and issues
- Monitor and report on project activities and report on status within published timeline
- Coach team members to clarify task assignments, milestones, and deliverables
- Prepare and/or ensure high quality, professional deliverables as required by each project plan
- Facilitate the creation of toolkits to support field-based implementations when necessary
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- 3-5 years of project management experience, preferably in the healthcare industry
- HCA/Parallon-based operations or systems experience a plus
- Financial services, hospital operations, supply chain, or IT experience a plus
- PMP and/or LEAN certifications preferred, but not required