Stantec Water sector, which brings together many of the world’s top engineers and scientists, sees water a bit differently—as a single holistic system rather than as unconnected networks divided by jurisdictional boundaries. Stantec uses this perspective to help communities tap into water’s potential. Throughout the life cycle of capture, use, reuse, and discharge, our team optimizes every facet of a water system. Whether a project calls for planners, designers, construction managers, or facility operators, we have the right experts to provide creative, yet practical, water solutions. Through their cost-effective strategies, they’re helping communities increase their water efficiency and protect their water resources for future generations. Join their team as they create new ways to tap into water’s vast potential.
Stantec is seeking a candidate with experience in professional practice, project management and business development with particular interest related to water distribution, wastewater collection/treatment/disposal and hydrology design/modeling, and general municipal engineering.
This position requires the ability to manage significant projects and effectiveness in working with a team. This is a great opportunity for a highly motivated, energetic professional who is interested in growth on a professional and personal level. We offer all candidates the opportunity to challenge their abilities in a dynamic work environment.
Project managers are expected to use their technical understanding and experience to lead and work cooperatively with a team to develop project proposals (scope/schedule/budget) and manage those projects to stay within these proposed parameters. In addition, project managers manage scope change, coordination with owners and manage risk. Project managers also work directly with the technical lead(s) to deliver high quality design and planning products.
Your Capabilities and Credentials:
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering
- Five (5) years of experience on projects showing increasing responsibility or an aptitude for a project management role
- Registered Professional Engineer
- Experience working with junior staff, client relationships and complex projects
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Demonstrate understanding of scopes of work, scheduling and on-time delivery, budgeting, risk and project tracking to maximize project profitability and deliverable quality.
- Excellent communication and written skills
- Show an ability to relate with clients and develop relationships. Having existing strong client relationships with local area water and wastewater municipalities is a plus.
Job ID: 33053
Contact information and how to apply:
Please, submit your resume at company website: https://stantec.jobs/las-vegas-nv/project-manager/214B470AE0B14D80BF1A2DD2D27F2951/job/#.Wku9eUvgyrs.email